East Bengal bans transfer transferred by Kerala Blasters FIFA  Football news

East Bengal bans transfer transferred by Kerala Blasters FIFA Football news



The governing body of the world football team has banned FIFA from joining the Indian Super League Clubs East Bengal and Kerala Blasters to sign some new players in the transfer window for failing to pay dues to previous contracts. The transfer window for Indian football will start on Wednesday. FIFA’s ban, written on June 1 and issued by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Monday, stems from East Bengal and KBFC’s failure to comply with “financial obligations” to former players Johnny Acosta and Matej Poplatnik.

Already in line with the latest agreement with current Shree Cement investors, the new development is another blow that East Bengal is preparing for the ISL, as they will have to clear the deadline to lift the ban.

Debabrata Sarkar, a senior official in East Bengal, said they had received the letter and were taking “immediate steps”.

“Shree Cement has announced this in a letter. It is true. We are taking immediate action,” Sarkar said, reacting to the transfer ban.

Blaming the former Quess Corporation for investors for this, Sarkar said, “Because of the unilateral end of the one made by Quess Corp. Ltd., we now have to pay for the wrong done.”

Acosta of the Costa Rica World Cup, who played a key role in the 2018-19 I-League second place in East Bengal, complained to the club against FIFA.

Acosta played two seasons in East Bengal and was trapped in Kolkata after a coronavirus-induced blockade last year.

It was worse in the store, as Quess applied the Force Majeure clause ending players ’contracts before ending their association with East Bengal.

In June last year he finally left Kolkata because he played at the Acosta club because he was “nice to his situation”.

“I am closing a cycle of my life, this time a little different. I have a great love and respect for a great organization, Quess East Bengal FC, but in the end they did not meet their contract and salary problems. he showed a humble attitude, ”they posted.

Vijay Shankar Says "I Have Definitely Done Better Than Most" As He Pushes For India Recall | Cricket News
Read More

East Bengal and Quess Corp. had a three-year bond but the Bengal Investors left on May 31 last year after a two-year partnership.

The management of the East Bengal club was reunited with its new investor, Shree Cement, to sign the final agreement.

The club initially signed a term sheet after boarding the Shree Cement ship when West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee intervened, which opened the team’s last-minute session for the ISL before the 2020-21 season.

Prior to the next edition of the league, the club refused to sign a final binding agreement, saying there were “differences” in the two documents, something Shree Cement categorically denied.

The executive committee has threatened to resign en masse if they are forced to sign the final agreement for next season.

In this scenario, there is once again a cloud of uncertainty over East Bengals ’participation in the ISL, as most footballers are free players, Shree Cement has made it clear that they will not spend a penny until the agreement is signed.

Currently the players with contracts with East Bengal are Mohammed Rafique, Mohammed Rafique Ali Sardar, Wahengbam Angousana, Balwant Singh, Loken Meitei, Bikash Jairu, Anil Chawan, Girik Khosla, Novin Gurung and Pritam Singh.

Promote

As for the Kochi-based club, FIFA has acted on a complaint about the unpaid salary of former Poplatnik player.

Players can go to FIFA if they do not pay their salaries on time.

The issues mentioned in this article

.

Be Updated with all the Latest Sports News

Join the discussion