Modi PM had a virtual interaction with the Indian Athletes heading to the Tokyo Olympics.© AFP
Prime Minister Narendra Modi joins the Indian Athletes in Tokyo on Tuesday ahead of the Olympics. They will finally depart after a year of delay this month. Prime Minister Modi on Friday took stock of India’s Olympic preparations. “Preparations to facilitate the Indian contingent have been reviewed at @ Tokyo2020. We discussed the logistical details, the state of vaccination and the provision of multidisciplinary support,” he wrote. India will send 126 athletes from 18 different sports to Tokyo, the largest Indian ever in the Olympics.
Here are the main features of the interaction with the Athletes:
- In the previous ‘Mann ki Baat’ session, I talked about you and other athletes. After winning three gold medals in Paris, the whole country is talking about you: Modi PM Deepika Kumari.
- There are hopes, but the biggest expectations are from me: Deepika Kumari has told Modi PM how she manages the pressure of hope.
- You are a champion, but your parents are also champions: PM Archer PM Modi Pravin Jadhav.
- I have always admired the Indian army. After playing for five or six years, I was invited to join the Army. Since then they have given me what I needed: Neeraj Chopra PM Modi.
- Don’t worry about the pressure of expectations, give it your best: PM Modi Neeraj Chopra.
- You are an athlete who inspires the whole country. The Olympic contingent should also include athletes who idolize you: PM Modi to Mary Kom
Topics mentioned in this article