New Zealand bowlers and Mumbai Indians have told Spearhead Trent Boult that they would like to play the rest of the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) matches to be played in 2021, which is scheduled to take place in the BAC this year. The Indian Cricket Control Commission (BCCI) announced on Saturday that it will complete the remaining IPL 2021 matches in the Basque Country in September and October. Boult, who has been enjoying his IPL stage for the past two years, expressed excitement for playing in the rest of the tournament.
“It’s a beautiful place (India); of course I’ve experienced a lot of India, fans and culture as well, but this time it was different, very quiet, the usual rumor in the streets, there were no fans,” Boult said in a virtual press conference.
“It was different to play half of the tournament. It seems to be advancing to the BAC, it was very well held there last year,” he said.
“If I had the chance I would be eager to finish this campaign on my own,” he added.
The IPL 2021 was canceled in May because the BCCI did not want to compromise on the status of the players, support staff and other participants involved in organizing the tournament with the status of COVID-19.
Boult admitted that things went up pretty quickly last month, but thanked the pace before canceling the IPL in 2021.
“Of course, things got pretty fast there. I decided to come home and take some time with the family,” Boult said.
“It’s very gratifying to be able to play in the IPL first and foremost to be able to play at that stage,” Boult said.
“What happened was unfortunate, I’m glad I was able to get out safely and move forward now,” he added.
Meanwhile, the BCCI has decided to keep a window open until July before calling for the availability of foreign players.
Speaking to ANI, sources familiar with developments at BCCI SGM said they have informed state associations that there will be discussions with all foreign management and that it will be decided around July whether foreign players will be available or available. replacement players must be included.
Cricket Australia (CA) CEO Nick Hockley said the first priority of management is to ensure that players are reunited with their families and that a call for participation in IPL recovery will be made later.
Topics mentioned in this article
Be Updated with all the Latest Sports News